About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences
university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back
to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our
workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered
programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas,
diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are
looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an
hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode
Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest
side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home
to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and
universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester
State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are
graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about
Assistant Director of Admissions
Dean of Enrollment & Director of
May supervise non-professional and/or
part-time student staff as assigned
General Statement of Duties:
The Assistant Director of
Admissions represents Worcester State University as a recruiter for
prospective undergraduate students. The incumbent travels to
recruitment events, provides counsel to prospective students,
evaluates and executes admissions decisions, and performs other
(E) = Essential
- (E) Assists with the planning and execution of all
travel-related recruitment events by designing a recruitment
strategy aimed at meeting enrollment goals.
- (E) Travels on behalf of the University to various off-campus
recruitment events for an assigned target recruitment area.
- (E) Develops and maintains close working relationships with key
secondary school and community college constituents.
- (E) Provides counsel and service to prospective domestic and
international, freshmen, and transfer students inquiring about
admission to the University.
- (E) Speaks publicly to individuals and group, on and off
- (E) Evaluates and executes admission decisions on applicant
files for freshman and transfer applicants, including completion of
- (E) Assists in planning, organizing, and administering all
campus recruitment events, including open houses and admitted
- (E) Provides oversight of the tour guide program by hiring,
training, scheduling and supervising student tour guides.
- Serves as liaison to the Athletics Department and the Student
Accessibility Services Office.
- (E) Promotes and maintains continued cooperation with other
administrative offices that are integrated with the admissions
- Represents the Admissions Office on various University
committees, as assigned.
- (E) Demonstrates civility and professional, customer-service
oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and
- (E) Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic
- (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively; valid driver's
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for recruitment
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational
- Outstanding communications skills in both written and oral
- Outstanding interactive skills; ability to work effectively
with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- High energy, enthusiasm, and creativity
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with
or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass thorough background check
- Master's degree
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Admissions
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its
It is the policy of Worcester State University that all employees
be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin employment. Proof
of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by
WSU, to be verified after an offer of employment has been made, and
as part of the background check process. Prospective employees may
submit a request for exemption based on a religious and/or medical
basis, to Human Resources.
The firm annual salary range for this full-time, exempt, benefited
APA position is: $45,000 - $50,000.
All applicants must apply online at
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume,
and a list of three professional references with contact
information. Applicants must complete the National Student
Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript
of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be
done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to
508-929-8169 or emailed to email@example.com, or may be sent to the
Executive Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597