ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – HUMANITIES
Truman College is currently seeking a Part-Time Faculty to teach an
Intro to Latin American/Latino Studies course in our Humanities
Department. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are
committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining
our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the
classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies
that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in
critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and
professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
Note: Unofficial transcripts, a statement of your teaching
philosophy and professional letters of recommendation are required
at the time of interview. Official transcripts must be provided if
- M.A. in Humanities with graduate level credits in Latin
American Studies, or M.A. in Latin American/Latino Studies.
- You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to
integrating new technologies in the learning process and the
ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching
- Development and revision of courses and instructional materials
- Post syllabi and grades on BrightSpace.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!