Bard College, a liberal arts college on the Hudson River, is a
private institution working in the public interest.
Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90992
The Assistant Athletic Trainer reports to the Head Athletic Trainer
and Director of Athletics on all matters related to the position
description listed below. The individual is a member of the
College’s Student Services Staff and participates in related
meetings and committees. This is a ten-month per year exempt
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists in the coordination of all aspects of injury
prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation of student-athletes.
- Completes necessary documentation including, but not limited
to, injury reports, daily check in log, student-athlete travel and
- Works with the college’s insurance administrator in assisting
student-athletes with claims and necessary paperwork related to
injuries as covered by the Bard College insurance plan.
- Assists in the scheduling and implementation of
pre-participation physicals for all student-athletes to include the
college’s team physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Maintains related software injury and treatment database.
- Assists in the coverage of intercollegiate practices and
- Relates necessary sports medicine information to visiting
institutions and athletic training staff.
- Assists in the oversight of Bard College coaching staff
required certifications and related documentation.
- Attends periodic staff meetings and select Bard College Student
- Involved in overseeing the Marist College Student Athletic
Training program affiliation and supervises individuals assigned to
- Maintains current NATA/BOC, CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Attends select professional developmental opportunities such as
the NATA convention. Conduct is related to NATA Code of Ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree in Athletic
- NATA-BOC certification
- New York State license and CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- CSCS, PES, CES, Graston, ART, EMT certifications are
- Excellent communication skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of computer statistical software and internet skills
- Must be able to maintain flexible work schedule to including
evenings and weekends.
- Must have interest in supporting an environment in which
students of all experience and ability levels and from diverse
backgrounds are supported and encouraged.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information
for three references to: http://apply.interfolio.com/90992
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment
practices, services, programs, and activities.