Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate should possess an attention to detail, have
a team spirit, the ability to multi-task, work efficiently under
pressure, and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items,
answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Providing quality beverages, whole bean, and food products
consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash and
sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at
tables, or behind the counter.
- Following health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all
- Responsible for opening and/or closing Books and Beans depending
- Providing assisting customers with purchasing textbooks, school
supplies, tech items and merchandise.
- Acquire and maintain ServSafe Certification.
- Able to work flexible hours that include early mornings,
evenings, weekends, nights and possible holidays.
- Providing on the job training to fellow Retail Operations
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service,
Basic Safety, People Skills, Action Oriented, Organization, Selling
to Customer Needs, Attendance, Client Relationships.
A high degree of ethics and obsession with superior customer
High school diploma or equivalent
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Books and Beans Head Barista
Bookstore and Retail Operations, within the Division of
Campus/Auxiliary Services, at Auburn University at Montgomery is
seeking to fill a Head Barista. The Head Barista will be a
fundamental team member of the Retail Operations environment which
delivers exceptional customer service and value to our students,
faculty, and staff.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).