Washburn Institute of
seeks applications for a Cosmetology Lab Assistant
to start immediately.
- Two years of experience (4000 hours) working in Cosmetology or
military experience equivalent to two years of experience in
- License in Cosmetology.
- Licensed Cosmetology Instructor.
- An associate degree or higher in discipline.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Lab Assistants are expected to be positive role models for
- Maintain licensure and certifications as required by the Kansas
State Board of Cosmetology.
- Direct, guide and evaluate students during the practical
sessions and on the clinic floor.
- Maintain student records about the program.
- Proctor for student rubrics.
- Serve as coverage for instructors during lunch periods and on
Saturdays when needed.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
- To apply for this position, click here .
- Review of applications will be on-going. This is a non-benefits
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a
background check prior to hire.
- Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching
focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the
diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates
who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that
fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and
we encourage applications from members of groups that have been
historically underrepresented in higher education. Application
materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will
contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and
inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal
access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or