Manager, Budget & Risk
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER, Budget and Risk LFFISV-MNGR02
STATUS: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
DIVISION: Finance & Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: Controller
PLACEMENT: Professional, Grade 12
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $72,918 annually
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
The Budget and Risk Manager will coordinate the development,
implementation and management of the College’s operating budget,
three-year financial plan and the budget process, as well as
providing guidance relating to the risk management program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures appropriate budgetary management including planning,
coordination and supervision over the college’s budget development
and budget control processes.
- In consultation with the Controller, develop and prepare the
District's annual budget in accordance with the college’s budget
allocation principles, three-year financial plan and
- Provide leadership formulating and maintaining sound college
budget practices, ensuring compliance with applicable federal and
state regulations and college policies and procedures.
- Respond to campus requests regarding account deficits,
anticipated expenditure of funds, projected budgets, fiscal control
and financial audits.
- Supervise the district's budget control processes.
- Maintain, evaluate, enhance and implement the college’s risk
management program including the college’s Property and Casualty
- Secure coverage for new exposures, coordinate annual policy
renewal, develop and maintain all schedules relevant to insurance
coverage, manage claim submissions and respond to information
requests from insurance providers and legal counsel pertaining to
any insurable claims.
- Serve as a campus-wide resource for any issues relating to the
college’s liability insurance programs working with various
departments to help identify risks within and arising out of
college activities. Review and approve budget and account
classification for all new/replacement employee positions. Provide
assistance during the college’s year-end closing process and annual
- Assist in management of positions budgeted in the college’s ERP
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business
Administration, Finance or related field.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in the area
of accounting and budget development or a related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to effectively work under minimal supervision with
effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Workday software
- Experience with GFOA Budget Presentation Awards program
- Prior experience working in an educational environment
Normal office physical demands Ability to travel between campus
locations if necessary
Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.