POSITION TITLE: MAIL CLERK SPMAIL-CLER01
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Mail Center
DIVISION: Business & Auxiliary Services
UNION: Support & Technical
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Print Services and Mail Room
PLACEMENT: Support staff, grade 4
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $15.00 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Responsible to the full-time lead of the Mail Center, process
incoming and outgoing campus mail and performs associated
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort incoming USPS and interoffice mail.
- Deliver interoffice and USPS mail to all extended campuses
using a college vehicle.
- Deliver Main Campus interoffice and USPS mail twice a day.
- Handle phones, provide exceptional customer service, and
- Understand and operate mailing equipment, folding machines, and
process postage using a Pitney Bowes machine.
- Sort and package outgoing college First Class and bulk
- Seal and prepare outgoing and interoffice mail for delivery
which includes weighing, calculating and affixing correct
- Provide special service forms, and sell stamps to college
- Maintain balanced USPS stamp stock and cash drawer and required
mailing records and files.
- Assume duties of full time mail clerk when that person is not
- Provide backup coverage for Print Services Clerk when
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Valid Illinois driver's license and good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) months of related experience.
- Ability to lift mail bags weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong personal computer skills with working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to calculate change, count money.
- Ability or willingness to learn how to use a postage machine,
electronic scale, and related equipment.
Previous mail processing experience. Familiarity with college
departments. Strong familiarity with City of Joliet and surrounding
Monday thru Thursday 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Friday, 9:30 – 3:30, up
to 28 hours per week
Ability to lift mail bags, packages and sacks, trays and tubs of
mail weighing up to 50 lbs. Must bend, stoop, and kneel frequently.
Must be able to spend a large part of the day standing up, moving
around, and walking the campus to deliver the mail.
Duties are performed indoors in the usual post office
Internal candidates must adhere to the terms of employment
regarding length of time in current position as outlined in their
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
Support & Technical
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.