Assists with a variety of food services tasks
such as food preparation, receiving deliveries, general sanitation,
and cash handling.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job
Valid Driver's License
Ability to obtain certifications related to position, i.e.
$12.34 - $15.43 (PT)
Job Specific Task List:
- Apply industry knowledge of food safety and sanitation law,
practices, and policies to perform daily food service duties and
notifies management of problems or concerns related to equipment
and/or food supply. - (Essential)
- Performs daily duties to prepare the kitchen for services, such
as: open the kitchen, unlock refrigerators, and record temperatures
on the temperature log; set up sanitation stations; receive
deliveries, put away stock, and notify management of delivery
discrepancies; record temperatures on receiving log; perform ware
washing (manually and mechanically); empty kitchen trash
receptacles; and daily or weekly sanitation assignments. -
- Performs food preparation such as: review production sheets to
determine type and quantity of food items to be prepared for the
assigned station; defrost, slicing, clean, and portion products per
recipe; prepare and mix ingredients according to the approved
recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as
food processors, blenders, mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers, ovens
and grills to prepare food items; detects and reports spoiled or
unattractive food or supplies; notify management of items not in
stock so a substitute can be provided; complete production records
to include unused portions and shortages of product. -
- Participates in monitoring of food quality, seasoning, and
temperature; logs temperatures; follow HACCP policy set by
management; distribute prepared items to various serving areas;
maintains food production areas in a clean, sanitary, neat and
orderly manner. - (Essential)
- May be responsible for cash handling procedures as set by
management. - (Essential)
- May be required to deliver catering and/or perform cleanup
duties at various campus locations; may be required to travel
off-campus. - (Essential)
- Operates kitchen equipment to prepare food, under supervision.
- Cleans and maintains culinary equipment and physical space. -
- Assists in record keeping and inventory management. -
- Performs all other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week:
up to 20 hours
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Jul 22, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Aug 15, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time