Salary for Announcement
This position pays an hourly wage of $28.00 an hour. This hourly
wage represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate
of the possible compensation at the time of posting.
Admin less than full time without benefits
This is an open position for art models for Metropolitan State
University of Denver’s Department of Art. Models are expected to
pose nude for student course work and should be able to hold poses
for as short as 30 seconds to as long as the duration of the class
period. Models are provided a short break after holding the same
pose for 20 minutes. While athletic ability is not required, body
awareness and the ability to twist, turn, bend and accentuate the
3-dimensional qualities of the human figure in poses is highly
desirable. Models of all genders, ages, and body types are
encouraged to apply. The work is performed in an indoor studio
setting under the supervision of the class instructor during class
hours. Expected work hours are generally scheduled by the
instructor in 2-hour blocks.
This position is categorized as a temporary, non-benefits eligible,
hourly position. Models are not eligible to receive validated
parking passes. Candidates offered a position will be required to
pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by MSU Denver’s Human
Resources Department. These screenings include a background
Because the Department of Art represents and works with a diverse
community of individuals, all employees are expected to assist the
department in creating a receptive, positive, inclusive, and
equitable space for faculty, students, and staff to conduct
business, be productive and collaborative, and make genuine human
connections. We expect all art model employees to join faculty and
staff as we embark on the process of expanding our understanding of
our commonalities and differences, and remain committed to:
• Respecting the dignity and essential worth of all
• Fostering mutual respect, including respecting the privacy,
property, and agency of others,
• Examining and challenging our own biases and beliefs,
• Promoting the diversity of opinions, ideas, and backgrounds which
enriches the culture of the department, college, and the
• Standing against bigotry, discrimination, violence, or
• Working towards an inclusive and equitable spaces that fosters an
environment of respectful dialogue,
• Appreciating diversity and inclusion as a collaborative
COVID -19 PRECAUTIONS : Models are expected to wear a mask while in
the building at all times. Everyone will maintain a strict 6 feet
minimum distance from all class participants including the model.
Students and the Instructor will also wear masks for the entire
duration of the course.
Provide Draped and Un-draped Modeling Services for Drawing
• Use awareness of your body and the ability to twist, turn, bend
and accentuate the 3-dimensional qualities of the human figure in
• Positioning oneself and holding poses from as little as 30
seconds up to 1.5 hours with provided breaks in 20-minute
• Follow verbal or physical directions, guidance, and suggestions
from the instructor.
Various Administrative Tasks (10%)
• Accurately logging hours worked in University program,
WebTimeEntry. Training provided.
• Submitting accurate timesheets on their due date.
• Taking required university trainings in self-service
• Responding to modeling related questions via email or
• This position requires the person to frequently remain in a
stationary position (standing, sitting, lying down, etc.).
• Applicants should possess a friendly and professional demeanor,
and have a patient and respectful attitude toward others.
• Be punctual, and consistently reliable.
• Requires ability to follow safety and emergency procedures.
• Understanding that this position does not provide guaranteed,
consistent, or set hours.
• Prior experience with art modeling is preferred but not
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and