Transfer Admissions Counselor
Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $37,400-$46,800.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Pay Grade (2020): 13
Full Time Professional Staff
Join an Office of Admissions team that is enthusiastic about
promoting access to higher education by supporting prospective and
incoming Metropolitan State University of Denver Roadrunners. The
position is specifically part of the Office of Admissions, Transfer
Services, and contributes to the MSU Denver Mission to provide a
high-quality, accessible, enriching education that prepares
students for successful careers, post-graduate education and
lifelong learning in a multicultural, global and technological
The Transfer Admissions Counselor’s main responsibility is to
recruit and support future and incoming MSU Denver Roadrunners. The
team member will provide high quality customer service, transfer
admissions counseling, previous course review, and academic
planning advice to prospective MSU Denver transfer students. The
Transfer Admissions Counselor will recruit at and maintain a
regular visitation schedule at Colorado community colleges and
establish positive working relationships with academic advising
staff at those colleges. The position supports the enrollment
function by assisting accepted transfer students with completing
the enrollment process. The transfer counselor participates in
group and individual presentations both on and off campus and
regularly follows up with students via phone, email, and text
communication. This position collaborates closely with the
Associate Director of Communications on developing and updating
transfer student related communications, publications, websites,
etc. as well as assisting with social media efforts for this
The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, collaborative,
detail-oriented, hardworking, understand the value and implications
of a college degree, and value diversity in providing high quality
customer service to future and incoming Roadrunners.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity
40% – University On-Campus & Virtual Efforts
• Advise prospective transfer students about admission procedures,
academic planning, ability of previous college credits to transfer,
course equivalency, university policies, the financial aid process,
scholarships, program requirements, registration, tuition
classification, and available student support services.
• Maintain regular contact with prospective, applicant and newly
admitted students regarding MSU Denver information and to provide
• Collaborate with MSU Denver staff and faculty to provide a better
transition for incoming transfer students.
• Establish strong working relationships with academic advisors and
academic departments in order to successfully develop and execute
transfer articulation agreements with a variety of educational
• Assist transfer students with resolution of transfer related
40% – Recruitment & Outreach
• Represent MSU Denver at Colorado community colleges, career
education fairs, advising workshops, panel discussions, and other
relevant recruitment events.
• Maintain a regular visitation schedule for recruitment and
advising purposes at Colorado community colleges and potential
out-of-state community colleges.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of outreach and
communication for targeted transfer students and of special on and
off-campus recruitment-related events (use of email, phone, text
and Customer Relationship Management system).
• Prepare and make individual and group presentations to
prospective transfer students regarding the application,
admissions, and transfer credit process, including campus tour
presentations, orientation sessions, prospective and admitted
student events, community college fairs and panels, and other
relevant community events.
15% – Collaborate with Associate Director of Communications on
Transfer Student Communication efforts
• Create, edit and update communications to prospective and
admitted transfer students using CRM
• Assist with social media outreach to prospective and admitted
• Review, maintain and update transfer admissions website
5% – Other duties as assigned
• Involvement in the campus community through committees,
campus-wide events, and opportunities for shared governance.
• Attend professional development conferences and trainings.
Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
• A minimum of 1 year experience (professional, volunteer,
work-study) working in higher education, secondary education, or
another field focused on high quality customer service.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Experience providing presentations to groups.
• A valid driver’s license, due to required frequent travel for
• Bachelor’s degree.
Bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking and writing).
• Experience working at a community college or with transfer
• Skilled at assisting college students in degree planning.
• Involvement working in admissions or advising in a higher
• Experience providing high quality customer service through
face-to-face interactions with clients, customers, or
• Knowledge of transfer coursework and transfer agreements.
• Experience using a Student Information System database and
Customer Relationship Management system.
• Master’s degree in higher education, counseling or related
M-F 8-5, some evening and weekend work required
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and