Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $45,300- $68,000. The salary
of the finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a
variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
education, experience, specialty, and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Full Time Professional Staff
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, the
Accessibility Coordinator serves a role of accountability for
coordinating the University’s implementation of the requirements of
the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ) and Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), and is thus responsible
for facilitating the provision of reasonable accommodations for
qualified university students with disabilities to ensure inclusive
and equitable access to the programs, services, and activities of
the institution. The position collaborates with students, faculty,
staff, and administration across campus to promote a supportive,
accessible, and inclusive learning environment for all
Case Management (60%)
• Conducts intake interviews and reviews documentation for
• Determines reasonable accommodations, and coordinates program
services and student accommodations with faculty and staff.
• Maintains timely and accurate electronic student records.
• Counsels students in the following areas: rights and
responsibilities with regard to academic accommodations,
departmental policies and procedures, career awareness, and
Student Retention Support (30%)
• Provides individual and group demonstrations on technology
• Develops and facilitates workshops on executive functioning and
• Monitors students’ academic progress.
• Refers students to additional campus support services.
Engagement and Outreach (5%)
• Participates in departmental meetings and University
• Assists with collecting, analyzing, and reporting information to
be used for university-level reports or briefings.
• Assist with developing long and short-term goals within the
framework of institutional and divisional priorities.
• Coordinates and/or assists with campus events and programming
(i.e., accessibility awareness activities, high school transition
outreach program, open houses, faculty/student orientations,
Additional Duties (5%)
• Attends and participates in team meetings and professional
• Stays abreast of current information in the field by reviewing
publications, journals, technical information, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the associate
• Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling, Special
Education, or related field OR a Bachelor’s degree with two years’
professional work experience with individuals with
• One year of professional work experience with individuals with
disabilities in an educational or service support setting.
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals with diverse
backgrounds that may include racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and
• Experience working in a postsecondary disability services office
supporting students with an array of disabilities and facilitating
• Demonstrated education, training and/or knowledge of federal laws
and regulations governing the provision of services to persons with
disabilities including the ADA and Sections 504 of the
• Demonstrated ability to review and interpret psychoeducational
evaluations and other forms of supporting documentation provided to
accompany requests for accommodation. This can be demonstrated
through coursework, work experience, or a combination.
• Experience with technology support tools, i.e. Read&Write,
• Conversational speaking ability in Spanish.
• Proficiency in ASL .
M-F 8 hours per day Exact times TBD
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant, you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and