Director of the Call Center
Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $57,600- $96,200.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Full Time Professional Staff
This position provides critical oversight, organization, and
leadership for the Enrollment Call Center. The director works
dynamically to ensure efficient team production, a commitment to
timely and high-quality services, strategic integration of office
goals and mission into unit outputs. The director leads and manages
daily operations within the Enrollment Call Center to include
inquiry calls from the general/main phone line, Financial Aid,
Admissions, and Registrar office as well as the chatbots.
This role includes a significant level of collaboration with
Enrollment Management units to ensure timely and accurate
dissemination of information, appropriate escalation of student or
systemic issues, supervision and development of full-time
coordinators and student staff.
This position consistently monitors, tracks, reports and assesses
unit services and inquiries used to shape functional roles and
processes in the Admissions, Financial Aid and Registrar Offices.
This position recommends improvements needed for the offices that
are represented based on communication from students and other
The director will promote and model positive customer service and
university representation via the phone, text, and chat utilities.
This position will support Enrollment Services by leading and
organizing needed calling campaigns. The director will coordinate
implementation and use of the phone system for the Call Center as
well as the development and maintenance of the chatbot
The director is responsible for full engagement into strategic
enrollment management services initiatives including recommending,
establishing, and administering procedures and policies related to
the Enrollment Call Center functions. The director participates in
the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships leadership team as
well as interdepartmental leadership teams and meetings. This
position will report to the Executive Director of Financial Aid and
Scholarships and must support and engage in Anti-Racism efforts
pursued by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships and the
Enrollment Management Division.
- Lead the Enrollment Call Center through professional
management, administrative concepts and practices used for complex
problem solving, managing process improvement in outside
departments, creating efficiencies within the Call Center and
planning for future needs.
- Oversee production of the full-time Call Center Coordinators
and more than 30 student employees.
- Participate in leadership meetings as the subject matter expert
for Call Center functions including student-centered information on
Financial Aid, Admissions and Registrar.
- Lead the development and maintenance of unit policy and
procedures as well as any unit strategies or initiatives as
required by regulatory changes or streamlining efforts.
- Direct the implementation and assessment of strategic goals
into unit function.
- Participate in leadership initiatives within and outside OFAS,
including department leadership meetings.
- Build and maintain the foundations and standards for high
quality and positive service within Call Center.
- Work with the Enrollment Management offices to support the
mission and strategic objectives of departments and
- Provide open channels of communication with Admissions,
Registrar, Financial aid, Information Desk, and the Financial Aid
Leadership Team to ensure their respective sections within the Call
Center are current on all service initiatives.
- Attend professional development trainings, workshops,
conventions and conferences.
- Continually assess Call Center services and develop/maintain
quality control measures.
- Ensure Call Center and student employees are adequately trained
in their areas focus. Develop and maintain a strategic training
- Collaborate with the ITS team to make sure that Call Center
technology, including the phone system, is functioning properly
during peak levels of service.
- Participate in meetings to discuss current and future call
center infrastructure. Set up students in the phone system as
agents after they are hired.
- Employ University mission and values to enhance student
service, improve hold and wait times.
- Maintain contact lists, escalation process, FERPA and
- Maintain main, adjacent phone trees, voice messages and chat
functions as up-to-date and functional, including after hours
message in case of an emergency and campus delay/closure.
- Resolve escalated calls or chats transferred by Enrollment Call
Center Specialists and student employees.
- Research, clarify, and resolve a variety of systemic and
service-related issues dealing with, but not limited to admissions,
financial aid, tuition payment, registration, academic records,
residency, refunds, and other enrollment related inquiries.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state, and institutional
regulation and policy/procedures governing each supported
Outreach and Training
- Monitor the Call Center budget including: Student employee
work-study and hourly funds availability, Call Center supplies, and
professional development costs.
- Request additional hourly funds as necessary to maintain
coverage on the phones. Ensure the Call Center is always
- Coordinate with external departments to help promote their
activities through the chatbots, and coordinate with other events
and policies across campus.
- Produce reports on phone and chatbot functions on a regular
basis. Share reports with leadership on a regular basis and
escalate any areas for concern in a timely manner.
- Develop and deliver internal training to keep teams up to
- Serve as the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
representative to institutional, federal, and state entities as
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years of experience providing customer
- At least three years of experience in a management or
leadership role within a professional organization.
- Two years of experience in a higher education or comparable and
relevant large organization.
- Experience working within the framework of FERPA
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power
Point, and Outlook).
- Internet Native Banner and Self-Service Banner student systems
experience within admissions, financial aid, registrar, testing
center or other related department within higher education.
- Experience using Customer Relations Management ( CRM )
- Two years’ experience in a higher education call center
- Experience managing a budget and conduct purchasing in
compliance with institution, federal and state fiscal rules.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and institutional
regulations and policies/procedure governing Financial Aid,
Admissions, and the Registrar’s Office.
M-F 8-5 Work may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must
apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and