A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
student athletes are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed academically. All coaching positions will provide
support to athletics activities, have daily contact with the
public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and
externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organize and direct all aspects of the football program:
organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance as a
highly visible sport; supervise staff involved in the program and
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce
the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Coordinate with Head coach on coaches meetings prior to and
during the season. Be available to assist at games where
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being
- Assist the Head Coach with team evaluation and assure that the
team is organized and within the organizations code of
- Help to mitigate low level grievances and complaints between
coaches and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending
tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference
- Work to raise funds through the Football annual fund and
develop other fundraising activities, camps and/or clinics to
support the Men’s Football Program.
- Participate in institutional professional development and
training. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and
FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to
plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting
required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), some manual labor
is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching
experience. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern
in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the
required experience. Travel is necessary.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading
skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing
environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity