Adjunct instructors instruct students, participate in appropriate
curricular and co-curricular assignments and functions, and perform
the necessary administrative obligations.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Other Duties: Performs other job-related duties as
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications: Master's degree in related field
and eighteen (18+) credit hours from a regionally accredited
institution. All employees are expected to:
- Plans and teaches courses in assigned course.
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates
lectures, tests, and evaluates.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field
- Actively serves on university committees.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings.
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional
development, and other activities appropriate to higher education
- Assists with the development of curriculum.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance
and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance
with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships
with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.