Vending Operations Clerk
Food Service Operations
Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient
qualified applications have been received.
Under the direction of Food Services Management, is responsible for
providing accounting assistance and for performing related general
office duties in support of vending machine operations.
Responsibilities include weekly inventory and cash reconciliation,
preparation of profit & loss statements, price verifications,
placing product and part orders, processing accounts payable
documents, refund reconciliation and disbursement and miscellaneous
office duties as required. Coordinates vending machine maintenance
and repair and acts as relief Vending Route Assistant. Job requires
well-developed verbal and written communication skills to present
and exchange accounting related information within and outside the
college. Interpersonal contacts include Financial Services
personnel, other college staff, vending customers and external
vendors. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and
acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section.
Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an
independent basis, subject to supervisory direction and
See the classification description for additional information:
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for
success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on
the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Coursework in bookkeeping or accounting (experience performing
the Vending Accounting duties may substitute for coursework)
- Experience in an office environment processing, recording or
compiling accounting, bookkeeping, or cashiering transactions
- Strong business mathematics skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and a variety of related
- Accurate keyboarding and 10-key skills
Important Knowledge and Skills:
- Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques;
- Spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills appropriate to
the level of the position.
- Operating a computer and various software packages;
- Operating a variety of office equipment;
- Creating, organizing, and keeping records
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Meet college expectations regarding customer service;
- Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record;
- Provide effective and responsive service to department
customers and contacts;
- Locate information using electronic resources, including the
Intranet and Internet, as assigned;
- Learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum
qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and
end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus two years experience
with vending machine accounting or in comparable general accounting
- Experience to include inventory and cash reconciliation, profit
and loss statement preparation and product requisition
- Proficiency in basic math; accurate keyboarding and 10-key;
organizational skill and ability to work independently.
- Must have valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the
State of Oregon in order to perform duties as relief Vending Route
Starting Salary Expectations
The first two steps of the range are: $34,155 to $35,176 per
year. Higher salary placement may be available based on
qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range
$34155 to $54810 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide
employees and their families, including domestic partners, with
access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health,
Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability,
Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement
System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into
the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC
offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation
program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic
partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial
tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions
(full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional
vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Majority of work is performed in a standard office environment.
Exposure to video display terminals on a regular basis. Occasional
exposure to inclement weather conditions when performing Vending
Route Assistant’s duties.
Learned physical skill required to perform keyboarding and 10-key
functions. Ability to push heavy food carts up ramps and on uneven
surfaces and to reach top shelf of vending machines when performing
duties as relief Vending Route Technician.
Background Check Required
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans'
Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying
veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment.
You will be given instructions during the application process
to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position,
and to provide the documents required for verification of
eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring
manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit
the following documentation:
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining
a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any
other protected class.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department