Facilitates the implementation of projects in the Campus Solutions
Services (CSS) Project Management Office using established project
management methodologies, tools, and techniques. Works closely with
CSS management and various constituents, which includes University
of Houston System component universities, departments, colleges and
divisions, to deliver CSS led enterprise projects.
- Works closely with the CSS PMO Director to monitor, train, and
guide teams as they implement project management best
- Fosters a supportive culture that establishes project
management as a core business process that translates into the
successful delivery of projects.
- Leads and provides analysis and coordination of project
- Assists in the development and maintenance of project
documentation, repositories, and workflows.
- Participates in and assists CSS project managers, coordinators,
and analysts with project activities.
- Creates dashboards and other reports to track key performance
- Provides direction and guidance to assigned project team
- Leads priority meetings with UHS business owners and end users
to identify critical issues and discuss system updates.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent of in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (5) years of directly job-related
Notes to Applicant:
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION -
Successful candidate must have experience with each phase of the
project lifecycle - Bachelor's degree - At least 5 years of
experience with project management practices and methodologies -
Strong preference for experience in the following software and
skills: • PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) 9.2 • Project management
software, dashboarding, and reporting • The Standard for Project
Management and A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge