Internal Job Posting Only
Assists the Business Administrator with the day-to-day management
of budgetary, financial, personnel and administrative functions for
- Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with
State and university guidelines by functioning as certifying
- Manages the monthly reconciliation of accounts and generates
monthly financial and budget reports for departments and
- Administers personnel and payroll activities to include
reconciliation of payroll records and salary reallocation
- Assists department staff with personnel issues and maintains
- Participates in the development of the annual budgets.
- Trains and provides guidance to departmental staff regarding
the use of university forms and the application of university and
college policies and procedures.
- Supervises support staff and student workers as assigned in the
central business office and/or Dean's Office.
- Develops and maintains informational databases for the
- Represents the college on behalf of the Business Administrator
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information
The College of Pharmacy at the University of Houston is seeking
outstanding candidates for an Assistant Business Administrator
position with the Central Business Office. This position will
support the Procurement and Budget/Accounting Services teams.
Responsibilities will include managing the day-to-day financial and
administrative activities, including but not limited to, travel,
contracting, property management, and financial reporting.
Internal Job Posting Only
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position should possess:
Additional Required Application Documents
- Minimum of 3 years directly related university financial
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with the ability
to manage multiple, competing tasks within strict deadlines.
- PeopleSoft Finance experience.
- Working knowledge of state, university, and sponsored project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills, including analyzing and presenting data
and creating pivot tables.
(Note: References will be contacted only after the recruitment
and interview process has been completed. We will maintain your
confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with
Notes to Applicant:
- Cover letter describing the way your experience applies to the
- Salary History
- Three work references, including current and past