The Office of the President is looking for candidates to the
following vacant position:
of the President’s Office
Department: Office of the
Position reports to:
President of the University
Job Purpose Summary:
The President’s office is the highest executive office at KIMEP
University. In view of this, Dean of the President’s Office bears
enormous responsibilities in keeping the President informed and
familiar of all activities, and in assisting the President to make
prudent decisions by providing information that is needed by the
President. The Dean of the President’s Office is the head of the
President’s Office and accordingly will supervise the activities of
the staff in both the President’s Office and the DPRK Office. Once
an executive decision is made by the President, the Dean of the
President’s Office will ensure the rapid dissemination of the
information to the appropriate people.
KIMEP University is the leading
American-style, internationally-accredited, English-speaking
academic institution in the Commonwealth of Independent States. It
provides a world-class academic experience and a unique
international environment to all its students and faculty members.
KIMEP University was established in 1992 and has built a very
strong regional reputation as a leading provider of higher
education. All graduate and undergraduate programs are accredited
by at least one recognized international accreditation agency.
Academic programs are regularly rated in the top rank of provision
by national bodies.
The city of Almaty is situated at the
base of the majestic Tien Shan Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan.
About 2 million people live in or near Almaty because it is the
financial, cultural, summer and winter sports and cosmopolitan
capital of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is located in the heart of
Eurasia with important commercial inroads bridging Asia and Europe.
Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st century, Kazakhstan offers
unique positions in oil and gas, economic development, and trade.
With a transitioning economy that has witnessed four-fold growth
over the past decade, Kazakhstan's dynamically changing economic,
social, educational and cultural environment provides incredible
opportunities for significant and original research.
Rank and Salary are competitive and
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Compensation after
tax compares favorably with net salaries in western countries.
Limited on campus housing is available
to rent, or alternatively, help is available in finding off campus
housing. In addition to salary, a benefit package includes basic
healthcare insurance, reduced tuition rates for KIMEP courses, and
subsidy for relocation allowance. New faculty members are provided
with a reduced teaching schedule during the first semester. Summer
paid teaching is typically available.
The salary will be subject to
deduction of taxes (10% Personal Income tax in general) as required
by the Law of Kazakhstan.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To coordinate all administrative activities in the President’s
- To supervise the activities of the staff, and report to the
President on a daily basis issues the President should be informed
- To act as a spokesperson for the President’s Office at the
direction of the president
- To work with the DPRK Office as directed by the President
- Will direct all public relations activities and events directly
involving the President
- Will work in liaison with other departments on behalf of the
- Will keep the Vice Presidents informed of critical issues and
work with the Vice Presidents on issues regarding the
- Conflict resolution and trouble shooting on behalf of the
- Any other assignments given by the President
Teaching one course per year required
- PhD in a relevant area from a Western university
- Successful experience as a manager in a higher education
institution (3-5 years), including
having a proven record of leadership and management, commensurate
with this level of post.
- Significant experience in the management of change.
- A thorough understanding of Western higher education quality
and standards and experience.
- Experience of managing professional and administrative support
- Interpersonal communication and committee skills appropriate
for a senior member of the University.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal
- Strategic thinker
- Leadership and people management skills at all levels
- Ability to motivate and ensure staff
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Capable of building up positive relationships with government
and international agencies, employers, external bodies and other
- Team player
- Negotiating skills
Please submit your application and the
following documents to directly via this HR Portal
Please attach the following
documents to your application via HR
-a full CV.
- A Cover letter that indicates the
position applied for, how you meet the minimum and preferred
qualifications, course(s) and salary expectations gross in KZT.
- Please indicate your 2-3 referees'
contact details at the HR Portal application form.Only shortlisted
candidates's referees would be contacted directly; if you have the
recommendation letters you may also attach them to your
- Final candidate would be required to
submit the passport of vaccination from
Covid-19/certificate on vaccine made (2 shots).
Closing date for submission of
applications is September 23, 2021 (11:59 pm based
on Almaty time).
The applications would be
considered/interviewed until September 30, 2021 by the Selection
Personal data provided by
applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment
Only shortlisted candidates will be
informed and invited for interviews by the Search Committee by the
end of September 2021 or earlier.
The starting date of new Dean of the
Office of the President is Jan 5, 2022 (preliminary) or ealier.
Address any related questions to our
HR Manager email@example.com