Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an
Administrative Assistant (Technical Craft Specialist
B) position. Reporting to the Department Head, the Technical
Craft Specialist B provides full support in a wide range of
administrative support for the College's Nursing Department. This
position prepares and processes a variety of forms and reports,
maintains the department calendar, monitors budget expenditures,
and assists in the collection of data needed for departmental
planning and decision-making. The position also provides assistance
to nursing students, nursing faculty, and student applicants for
the Nursing program.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High School diploma required.
• Minimum (7) seven years' experience in a progressively
responsible administrative support position required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information system
• Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism
to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents,
faculty) in person, via the telephone and email required.
• Ability to use independent judgement and maintain confidentiality
at all times required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community
college staff and students required.
• Associate's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a
recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous experience providing administrative support within
higher education preferred.
• Ellucian Banner preferred.