Executive Director, UT System Multi-Institution Center - Laredo, TX
Job Title: Executive Director, UT System Multi-Institution Center - Laredo, TX
Job ID: 6356
Location: Laredo, TX
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Earliest Start Date: 9/1/2021
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Hours per Week: 40.00 Standard from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Hiring Department: Multi-Institution Center at Laredo (Position located in Laredo, TX)
Required Application Materials
A resume and letter of interest is required in order to apply. Candidates under final consideration will be required to submit references and college degree information through an online third-party vendor.
How to apply Applications are accepted through the UT System online application system ONLY. To be considered for this position, please visit our website at https://www.utsystem.edu/offices/human-resources/prospective-employees/career-opportunities click on: “External Applicant Job Search” ; “View all Jobs”. Then locate and select “Executive Director, UT System Multi-Institution Center - Laredo, TX” – Job ID 6356 and click on “Apply for Job”
Purpose of Position
Manages, facilitates, and coordinates the activities of The University of Texas System Multi-Institution Center at Laredo. This position will be located in Laredo, TX.
- Oversee the daily administrative and management functions of the Center, including a core administrative staff and related auxiliary functions.
- Identify regional workforce and educational needs, including healthcare, that can be met through programs delivered at the Center.
- Work collaboratively with UT System Administration and institutions to match academic and workforce program capabilities with identified regional workforce and educational needs.
- Collaborate with local educational institutions to build and support pipeline programs and enhanced educational pathways that align with UT System institution programs to meet regional employment needs.
- Engage regional philanthropic and other support to assist the Center’s ongoing development.
- Support participating institutions and their administrative and programmatic needs at the Center, including by ensuring program sustainability.
- Coordinate space, equipment, and other infrastructure usage among multiple partnering institutions.
- Engage with regional healthcare industry to identify clinical placement opportunities and other collaborations.
- Work with UT System Administration to develop the Center’s budget and the oversight of program development grants to partner institutions.
- Perform other functions as requested by the Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the region and its stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the academic and/or healthcare industries.
- Ability to present on relevant matters to senior-level audiences, including Board of Regents, Chancellor and senior executives.
- Ability to work effectively either independently or collaboratively among various constituencies and stakeholders, including academia, healthcare, regional business community, and community development organizations.
Master’s degree and 5 years of experience in academic program delivery, or relevant experience.
- PhD or other terminal degree.
- Experience in academic healthcare and/or healthcare delivery settings.
- Experience administering large grant funded programs and/or academic program development and administration.
May work around standard office conditions.
Uses standard office equipment
25% Travel to include potential travel to UT System Administration offices and higher education institutions throughout the state.
Requires occasional evening or weekend hours
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Please complete all sections of the application including your address, email, phone number and the questionnaire. You may edit your contact information at any time by updating your profile.
Candidates under final consideration will be required to submit references and college degree information. A criminal background check will be conducted on applicants under final consideration.
Reference, education and criminal background verifications will be completed by third-party vendors.
Security sensitive; conviction verification conducted on applicant selected.
The University of Texas System Administration is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Reasonable disability accommodation may be requested by contacting the Office of Talent and Innovation.