Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management
Strategic Enrollment Management
at the University of West Georgia
The University of West Georgia is looking for a dynamic, innovative, and visionary Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management to provide strategic leadership related to student enrollment, including oversight of Enrollment Management personnel and the institutional Admissions and Financial Aid enterprises. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President will work collaboratively to review, develop, establish, and implement University policies and procedures. The Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management reports to the President.
For complete information, see the Search Profile at https://myersmcrae.com/skins/userfiles/files/UWG-VPSEM.pdf.
About the University of West Georgia
Since 1906, the University of West Georgia has been home to those who seek a transformative college experience. UWG is a leading residential, doctoral comprehensive university that offers a broad undergraduate and graduate curriculum based on a liberal arts foundation.
Nestled on a picturesque 645 acres, the University of West Georgia is just 50 miles west of Atlanta. Serving more than 13,400 students across nine academic units, the University is known for its innovative academic programs and student-centered environment. It is a regional powerhouse with locations in Carrollton, Douglasville, and Newnan, Georgia. With students from 36 states and 69 countries, UWG is locally connected and globally relevant.
Perennially ranked by U.S. News & World Report, the Princeton Review, and Colleges of Distinction as a top national university, the University currently offers 92 programs of study: 45 bachelor’s; 24 master’s; six specialist; five doctoral; nine post-baccalaureate; two post-master certificates, and one undergraduate certificate.
The University of West Georgia generates a regional economic impact of more than $632 million and provides a safe, quality, and affordable educational experience that transforms lives.
UWG has been recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for its institutional commitment to community engagement through teaching, research, and public service with the Community Engagement Classification. UWG was one of only 119 U.S. colleges and universities to receive the elective classification in 2020 and joins the ranks of only 359 institutions nationally.
The Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management ensures divisional objectives align with the University’s strategic plan, mission, and goals. The Vice President implements a strategic plan for Enrollment Management units that provide services to students on all campuses and sites of the University.
View the 2021-2026 strategic plan Becoming
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures.
- Articulates student enrollment vision consistent with the University’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Directs formulation, implementation, and enhancement of recruiting strategies, including marketing plans for recruitment and retention of students, enrollment policy, divisional operations, and services.
- Collaborates closely with University Marketing and Communications (UCM) leadership and other campus program leadership for the development and implementation of institutional marketing strategies.
- Leads the Enrollment Management Council (a university-wide committee) with representatives from functional areas that are essential to strategic recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Provides leadership for functional areas of staff development, budget management and resource allocation, strategic planning and assessment, and policy making and enforcement.
- Develops, manages, and adheres to annual department budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Advises the President on enrollment trends that impact regional, national, and international enrollment outcomes.
- Develops and mentors leaders within the Division of Enrollment Management while preparing them for future leadership roles within the University.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution, doctoral degree preferred
- Nine or more years of related work experience
- Campaign and leadership experience
- Experience providing enrollment management leadership at a regional comprehensive public institution preferred
Living in Carrollton, “The City of Dreams,” offers the advantages of city life with a small-town vibe. This progressive community with Southern flair offers plenty of shopping, restaurants, nightlife opportunities, and cultural events. Named a City of Excellence in Georgia and listed as one of the 50 Best Small Southern Towns, Carrollton is the cultural, educational, health care, and commercial center for the west Georgia region.
At the heart of Carrollton is its historic downtown and Adamson Square lined with shops, galleries, and restaurants. Each season offers unique local events and opportunities for year-round recreation. Outdoor activities abound through award-winning spaces including an 18-mile paved walking and biking Greenbelt trail that encircles the city and passes through campus.
The city embraces the University’s students, faculty, and staff, and welcomes the diversity UWG brings to the community.
Invested in education with highly rated city and county K-12 systems, both city and county public school graduation rates are 90% and above and rank among the top in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
APPLICATION & NOMINATION PROCESS
Applications and inquiries are welcomed, and nominations are invited.
Application packet must include: a) A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, b) Current curriculum vitae, including past and current research, and c) At least five references with full contact information including e-mails (References will not be contacted without consent from applicant.)
Submit application packet (preferably as PDFs) to: UWG-VP-SEM@myersmcrae.com
Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
Review of applications begins immediately. For best
consideration, submit applications by August 12,
2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is
Submit nominations to: UWG-VP-SEMfirstname.lastname@example.org with
complete contact and e-mail information for the individual being
Kenny Daugherty, President of Myers McRae Executive Search and Consulting, is assisting the University of West Georgia with this search.
The University of West Georgia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and strongly encourages the applications and nominations of women and minorities. University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment. The University of West Georgia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, political affiliation, or the presence of a non-job-related condition or handicap under Federal or State law.
Apply for Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Carrollton
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Carrollton
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Carrollton
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Carrollton