Lone Star College- CyFair
Purpose and Scope
The Lone Star College-CyFair President provides leadership and oversight for a large college campus in a multi campus system, including off-site centers. The President develops new and maintains/deepens existing external partnerships and community relations. In addition, the President must be a good/contributing team member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet to help develop, coordinate and collaborate new system wide initiatives with colleagues. This role ensures the college is meeting needs of all constituents including students, community, taxpayers, school districts and others. As a leader, the President works with key local, state, and national leaders to accomplish the mission of college and system.
The Lone Star College-CyFair President position is located at 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
Essential Job Functions:
The College President is responsible to the Chancellor of the System for the performance of the following duties:
- Participate in the decision making and fully support Lone Star College strategic priorities including the following:
- Academic and workforce
- Student success
- Financial responsibility and accountability
- Educational partnerships
- The establishment of a culture that values employees and students
- The Lone Star College Foundation
- A commitment to high ethical and professional standards
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Integrity, highest ethical standards, and respect for the dignity and worth of individuals and groups with strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good will and a sense of humor
- Experience in providing educational or support services directly to students through teaching, student services, library assistance, or other areas of professional service where engaging students directly is required
- Demonstrated commitment to higher education or public service
- Proven management and leadership skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Earned doctoral degree and over 10 years of related work experience, to include at least 5 years administrative experience at the president, vice-president, vice chancellor or associate vice chancellor level at a comprehensive community college or system or equivalent experience
This search is being facilitated by Dr. Dennis Michaelis of Gold Hill Associates. Candidates should send their materials directly to Dr. Michaelis at: email@example.com. The following items are required to be submitted directly and only to the search consultant via e-mail attachments:
- COVER LETTER, limited to no more than 4 typed pages, detailing how your education experiences/background align with this Position Profile
- RESUME, limited to no more than 6 typed pages
Important Note: All attachments are to be in Microsoft Word or PDF format, and file names must begin with applicant’s initials (example: ABCcover, ABCres, ABCref). The subject line in the email should reference the position being applied for, i.e., President LSC-CyFair.
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For application materials to receive full consideration, it is preferred that application materials be submitted by September 10, 2021.
Semi-finalist candidates will interview with the Search Advisory Committee in October with finalist candidates interviewing in November.
REFERENCES will be requested only of finalists and should be limited to 1 typed page, and include two supervisors, two direct reports, two full-time faculty members, and one community reference. The references must include names, titles, business and personal phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. References will not be contacted without the consultant’s prior notification to the applicant.
Transcripts will be required of all finalists. Official transcripts must be provided to Lone Star College by the successful candidate as a condition of hire.
For questions related to the search process, calendar and Position Profile contact Search Liaison Deseree Probasco, Chief of Staff/Board Liaison at Deseree@LoneStar.edu
For other questions, contact the Search Consultant via e-mail noted below (including requests for phone conversation, in which you should also list times and number at which you may be reached).
Dr. Dennis Michaelis
Gold Hill Associates
Apply for President, CyFair
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly