Assistant Coach, Women's Softball
Assistant Coach, Women's Softball
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part time
Job Number: 2015-1602891
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Athletic Department
Closing: 7/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting with team performance, recruiting, scheduling, travel planning, and college and community service. The Assistant Coach reports to the head coach and aids in the overall success of the program.
- Assist with practice plans, and intercollegiate competitions. Teach necessary skills from the basic fundamentals to the techniques and strategies of team play.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members. Promote the physical and mental well-being of all program participants.
- Actively seek out and encourage a diverse group of prospects and assist them through the application process. Work collaboratively with Student- Athlete Services and the Admissions Office staff to qualify and process prospects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (including, but not limited to, NCAA Bylaw, Article 11 and its requirement to report all athletically- related income and benefits from sources outside of the College to the President) and of the West Coast Conference as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules and regulations. Immediately advise the Director of Athletics if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree PREFERRED: N/A
Experience: 1 to 3 years relevant experience as an assistant coach at the college level.
Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of coaches, administrators and staff. Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities. Proficiency with MS word software and database management. Team-oriented individual with the ability to take initiative. Ability to represent the Department and College in a professional manner to on and off campus constituencies, including alumni, friends, corporate partners and donors. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use direction.
Licenses & Certificates: (e.g. CPA, RN, etc. ): REQUIRED: N/A PREFERRED: N/A
Other Requirements: Must be able to travel and work weekends and nights.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College, and;
- A resume.
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys