The Division of General Thoracic Surgery is seeking a Senior
Coordinator, Patient Support Services position who will service
Faculty Group Provider members by taking primary responsibility for
clinical processes, which includes coordination of patient surgery
schedules, appointments for office visits, tests and procedures,
monitoring patient financial clearance, and block schedule
maximization. The position will proactively communicate any
challenges or delays to the patient or provider to avoid
unnecessary reschedule or cancellation of care. Additionally, the
job performs preoperative and postoperative data entry, chart
assembly, and communicates vital scheduling and testing information
to patients. The ideal candidate should be proactive, thorough and
give great attention to detail while also taking full
responsibility for the team's work load in partnership with clinic
- Coordinates with Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and
diagnostic imaging facility staff to schedule patient surgeries,
tests, or procedures.
- Communicates to patients pre-operative instructions and
requirements for medical clearance; may address financial issues or
insurance authorization delays regarding surgeries or
- Assembles medical records and insurance information for patient
- Provides administrative support for physicians as needed,
including active communication on any changes in patient financial
or testing status that will impact treatment timeline.
- Develops and implements patient registration and scheduling
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience with EPIC.
- Experience with insurance verification is useful, but not
- MA Certification is useful, but not required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.