Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services
The Division of General Thoracic Surgery is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services position who will service Faculty Group Provider members by taking primary responsibility for clinical processes, which includes coordination of patient surgery schedules, appointments for office visits, tests and procedures, monitoring patient financial clearance, and block schedule maximization. The position will proactively communicate any challenges or delays to the patient or provider to avoid unnecessary reschedule or cancellation of care. Additionally, the job performs preoperative and postoperative data entry, chart assembly, and communicates vital scheduling and testing information to patients. The ideal candidate should be proactive, thorough and give great attention to detail while also taking full responsibility for the team's work load in partnership with clinic team members.
- Coordinates with Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and diagnostic imaging facility staff to schedule patient surgeries, tests, or procedures.
- Communicates to patients pre-operative instructions and requirements for medical clearance; may address financial issues or insurance authorization delays regarding surgeries or procedures.
- Assembles medical records and insurance information for patient appointments.
- Provides administrative support for physicians as needed, including active communication on any changes in patient financial or testing status that will impact treatment timeline.
- Develops and implements patient registration and scheduling guidelines.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience with EPIC.
- Experience with insurance verification is useful, but not required.
- MA Certication is useful, but not required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston