Professional Services Specialist 4-Admin. Services, Financial Aid
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Financial Aid, this position provides quality service to prospective and current students, requiring strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail. Follows student aid program practices and policies including federal, state and university regulations to accurately assist clients. Works collaboratively with the entire team to successfully perform various financial aid office duties.
- Provides exceptional customer service for students, employees, and the public by responding to inquiries concerning financial aid eligibility while ensuring students understand all policies and procedures related to their financial aid application. This includes assisting students in person, answering phones, emails, and chat communications.
- Participates in various office outreach programs such as: open house, new student orientation, and financial literacy programs. These may be in-person or virtual. On-camera presence required when virtual.
- Uses databases like Ellucian Banner and CampusLogic to complete work timely and accurately while adhering to student confidentiality protocols. Duties in this area include, but are not limited to completing federal verification, clearing CFLAGS/eligibility edits, loan certification/adjustments, processing state grant roster certifications, and reconciliations.
- Reviews documentation submitted to ensure the student submitted what is required to complete verification, appeals, or to clear eligibility edits. Must be able to calmly and confidently instruct students and parents on steps to complete while avoiding jargon.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year of professional-level experience in financial aid and/or student loans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to navigate stressful situations
- Understanding of undergraduate financial aid programs and regulations
- Ability to organize work while accurately and efficiently completing assignments with limited supervision
- Proficiency in Banner, Microsoft Applications and Cognos
- Experience with CampusLogic
- Ability to understand, interpret, and effectively administer financial aid programs governed by federal, state, institutional and private financial aid regulations and policies
- P18 (Step 1 = $48,767)
- Only completed online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro