The Instructional Technology Support Specialist will provide
technology support to faculty, staff and administration at the
Notre Dame of Maryland University, School of Pharmacy.
Responsibilities include working with faculty to implement the
effective use of instructional technologies in support of teaching
and learning. Provide support for course content design, delivery
and systems. Also provide guidance, direction, support and training
relative to all associated instructional and administration
systems, applications and equipment. Direct and manage all projects
as determined by the dean.
Essential functions will include:
- Lead the design, development and operation of applications,
databases and learning management systems used to support the
School of Pharmacy.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate and showcase new systems, A/V,
multimedia and learning technologies for potential application in
instruction and assessment.
- Provide support relative to the development of appropriate
learning and web content, graphics and multimedia
- Solicits feedback from faculty and staff; analyzes data, and
makes recommendations regarding appropriate technologies required
to enhance the teaching/learning experience.
- Train faculty and staff regarding appropriate technologies used
in instruction and administration.
- Audit and coordinates support for instructional facilities and
equipment; conducts semester preparation activities regarding
instructional facilities, equipment and procedures.
- Provide support to non-pharmacy faculty who utilize School of
Pharmacy classrooms as necessary during core business hours.
- Communicate with third party vendors to schedule appropriate
training and system upgrades
- Purchase of routine items needed in the School of Pharmacy Tech
Support office and the processing of payment for annual service
- Oversee the daily operations of the School of Pharmacy Tech
Support office, monitor issue tracking system and ensures that all
issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform data collection utilizing School of Pharmacy technology
in support of teaching and learning, continuous quality improvement
and administrative initiatives.
- Serves as the School of Pharmacy liaison to University
- Develop and maintain standards, processes and procedures for
project management in the School of Pharmacy.
- Lead the design of, implement and manage Project Management
Plans for all School of Pharmacy projects deemed necessary by the
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Bachelor's degree required. Master degree in
instructional technology is desirable.
- Experience: Two years of computer-related experience
demonstrating the ability to support technology needs related to
instruction required. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work
in a diverse academic environment. Certification as a Project
Management Professional is highly desirable. Position requires a
working knowledge of instructional systems and technologies
including learning management systems, simulation systems,
multimedia and A/V technologies, Windows workstations. Possess a
good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, graphics applications,
web development tools, media streaming systems, and virtual
learning technologies. The individual must be able to work in a
team environment. Knowledge and background implementing and
managing learning management systems (Blackboard, Moodle).
Experience with with eportfolio systems. Previous managerial
experience or project management experience is a plus.
- Skills/Aptitude: Individual must possess excellent
organizational and communication skills and must have a commitment
to customer-service. Individual must demonstrate knowledge
regarding A/V, multimedia and instructional technologies and
techniques. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively
manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some
evening and weekend hours
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.