Instructional Technology Support Specialist
The Instructional Technology Support Specialist will provide technology support to faculty, staff and administration at the Notre Dame of Maryland University, School of Pharmacy. Responsibilities include working with faculty to implement the effective use of instructional technologies in support of teaching and learning. Provide support for course content design, delivery and systems. Also provide guidance, direction, support and training relative to all associated instructional and administration systems, applications and equipment. Direct and manage all projects as determined by the dean.
Essential functions will include:
- Lead the design, development and operation of applications, databases and learning management systems used to support the School of Pharmacy.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate and showcase new systems, A/V, multimedia and learning technologies for potential application in instruction and assessment.
- Provide support relative to the development of appropriate learning and web content, graphics and multimedia applications.
- Solicits feedback from faculty and staff; analyzes data, and makes recommendations regarding appropriate technologies required to enhance the teaching/learning experience.
- Train faculty and staff regarding appropriate technologies used in instruction and administration.
- Audit and coordinates support for instructional facilities and equipment; conducts semester preparation activities regarding instructional facilities, equipment and procedures.
- Provide support to non-pharmacy faculty who utilize School of Pharmacy classrooms as necessary during core business hours.
- Communicate with third party vendors to schedule appropriate training and system upgrades
- Purchase of routine items needed in the School of Pharmacy Tech Support office and the processing of payment for annual service contracts.
- Oversee the daily operations of the School of Pharmacy Tech Support office, monitor issue tracking system and ensures that all issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform data collection utilizing School of Pharmacy technology in support of teaching and learning, continuous quality improvement and administrative initiatives.
- Serves as the School of Pharmacy liaison to University Informational Technology.
- Develop and maintain standards, processes and procedures for project management in the School of Pharmacy.
- Lead the design of, implement and manage Project Management Plans for all School of Pharmacy projects deemed necessary by the dean.
- Knowledge: Bachelor's degree required. Master degree in instructional technology is desirable.
- Experience: Two years of computer-related experience demonstrating the ability to support technology needs related to instruction required. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work in a diverse academic environment. Certification as a Project Management Professional is highly desirable. Position requires a working knowledge of instructional systems and technologies including learning management systems, simulation systems, multimedia and A/V technologies, Windows workstations. Possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, graphics applications, web development tools, media streaming systems, and virtual learning technologies. The individual must be able to work in a team environment. Knowledge and background implementing and managing learning management systems (Blackboard, Moodle). Experience with with eportfolio systems. Previous managerial experience or project management experience is a plus.
- Skills/Aptitude: Individual must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and must have a commitment to customer-service. Individual must demonstrate knowledge regarding A/V, multimedia and instructional technologies and techniques. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some evening and weekend hours
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore