Desktop Deployment Support Specialist - Temp
Temporary, full time (one-year appointment with option for renewal)
Under the supervision of the Manager of Technology Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Desktop Deployment Specialist helps to support and maintain the desktop deployment services and virtual desktop services and serve as Desktop Deployment Specialist for the Office of Information Technology (OIT). In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Hybrid/Remote option available. Must complete on-site orientation up to 30 days as determined by position.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for the management and buildout of the enterprise tools that assist technicians with faculty/staff computer builds/rebuilds, hardware replacements, and data migration. Communicates and enforces hardware, software, and management standards and policies throughout the enterprise. Responsible for documenting all deployment processes and updating relevant KBA articles. Supports and delivers on assigned PMO projects with requirements developed through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams and clients Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Utilizes resources that are freely available online and elsewhere.
- Provide Tier II/III Technical Support for deployment of all windows desktop systems.
- Responsible for enterprise endpoint imaging architecture, patch management, inventory management and software package builds/maintenance for distribution to targeted computers. Administer, maintain, and upgrade enterprise desktop deployment systems associated with Windows and assist with Apple end user computing systems.
- Coordination, planning, testing, installation, and verification of system patches and software upgrades across all University owned PC computer systems and related devices.
- Develop scripts, group policies, etc. to automate configuration management and patch deployment. Provide Tier III support for both hardware and software on assigned systems.
- Respond to service request/incidents to meet documented SLAs. Monitors the systems daily and responds immediately to security or usability concerns. Provides recommendations for improvements to campus-wide system deployment, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment.
- Helps to support and manage virtual desktop environment currently using VMWare Horizon.
- Design, program, troubleshoot, debug and deploy desktop and virtual desktop images and configurations for academic and administrative requirements
- Serve as Windows PC subject matter expert for team members who require assistance. Assist and provide backup system administration with Apple enterprise tools for endpoint deployment and documentation
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use case
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires an associate's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field plus 6+ years of relevant work experience OR 8+ years of equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
- Experience with current Microsoft and Apple enterprise deployment systems such as SCCM, MDT, WSUS, Jamf.
- Proficiency in MS 365 end user products, Windows and Apple Operating Systems, Active Directory, scripting, group policy, fileshares, and network printers.
- A+ and MCP certification on current desktop OS Experience.
- IT enterprise data analysis expertise that leads to data-driven decisions, working cross-functionally to have a broader, more comprehensive view of services and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of TeamDynamix or other enterprise ITSM tool preferred.
- Process improvement and performance optimization experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Our successful candidate will be expected to place a high importance on communicating Service Management concepts, processes, and best practices and to facilitate buy in and adherence to service management policies. Gathering data, statistical analysis, and reporting of metrics (i.e., KRIs, KPIs) for OIT Service Management. Develop, improve, and manage processes and support designs to maintain exceptional service desk and ensures that the needs of the University are understood and met. Experience with Ticket Management, Incident Management, and Change Management at an enterprise scale. Prior supervisory/management experience. Must have sensitivity of intercultural communication, have excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and conflict resolution.
General: Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Ability to facilitate team interaction and client meetings effectively. Ability to work independently or with specialized group and maintain courteous attitude in dealing with students, faculty, and staff. Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position may be assigned 24x7x365 on-call rotation responsibilities and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond