Harold Washington College (HWC)
is one of the seven City
Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves
nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic
Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI)
with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college
offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and
programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital
Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is
also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and
is currently the only community college in the city to offer a
business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the
college has program partnerships with leading industry
organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and
the Joffrey Ballet
Perform variety types of cleaning tasks
in addition to all traditional janitorial work in and around the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning tasks include:
- A. Cleanup in connection with construction, painting and
- B. Heavy trash removal.
- C. Removal of old carpeting.
- D. High level work twelve feet and over from floor level.
- E. Removal of tile affixed to floor.
- F. Moving and storing of construction material and
- G. Loading and unloading of trucks.
- H. Operation of floor scrubbers.
- I. Stripping and refinishing of the floors.
- J. Operation of carpet scrubbers & extraction
- K. Shampooing & extraction of carpets and upholstery.
- L. Furniture crating and uncrating.
- M. Snow removal.
- Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desk
- Dust mop all hard surfaces.
- Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk
tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards,
mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines and ash
- Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Polishing furniture.
- Metal polishing.
- Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
- Trash removal.
- Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Operation of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
- Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
- Washing of exterior walls.
- Scraping of gum and other objects form hard surfaces and
- Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than 2 hours
- Setting up and /or take down of chairs and tables.
- Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms,
classrooms and any hard surfaces.
- Operation of compactors and /or balers.
- Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering,
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent
- Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City
Colleges of Chicago.
- Must be able to perform all duties listed above.