ASSISTANT COACH PART TIME - WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL
Olive-Harvey College is seeking an Assistant Coach to help lead the
Panthers to victory! The Assistant Coach position will give you the
opportunity to provide leadership in the development and evaluation
of the overall team and individual student-athletes. The Assistant
Coach will provide dynamic, strategic and visionary leadership
designed to enhance student success through the focus on an
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and
abilities that need strengthening for overall team
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other
personal development issues.
- Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring
class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other
necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel
arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and
tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in
league, conference and tournament play.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of mandatory
national and regional reports.
- Ensures that the conduct of self and the athletes is in
compliance with the City Colleges of Chicago Athletic Governance
Policy and Athletic Participation Policy.
- Assists in assuring compliance with National Junior College
Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules and regulations for the specific
- Completion of an Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s
preferred preferably in Physical Education or related field,
supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and
procedures within a particular sport.
- Coaching Certification, preferred.
- First Aid Certification and Current CPR/AED Certification by
the American Heart Association or the Red Cross, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and
leadership skills, required.
- Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young
- Must be familiar with NJCAA rules and regulations.
Coaches are hired on a season by season
basis. A reasonable effort is made to assure future coaching
assignments to those coaches who have had a history of successful
academic and athletic team performances at City Colleges of
Chicago. All coaching assignments are conditioned on sufficient
team membership. Once a season starts, the Head Coach is expected
to complete the season.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!