Assistant Coach PT - Baseball
ASSISTANT COACH PART TIME - BASEBALL
Olive-Harvey College is seeking an experienced Assistant Coach to help lead the Panthers to victory!! The Assistant Coach position will give you the opportunity to provide leadership in the development and evaluation of the overall team and individual student-athletes. You will also be able to provide dynamic, strategic and visionary leadership designed to enhance student success through focus on an “Academics-first Agenda.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues.
- Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists in assuring compliance with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules and regulations for the specific sport.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing guidelines.
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in league, conference and tournament play.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of mandatory national and regional reports.
- Ensures that the conduct of self and the athletes is in compliance with the City Colleges of Chicago Athletic Governance Policy and Athletic Participation Policy.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred preferably in Physical Education or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing experience
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular sport
- Coaching Certification, preferred
- First Aid Certification and current CPR/AED certification by the American Heart Association or the Red Cross, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills, required
- Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults
- Must be familiar with NJCAA rules and regulations
OTHER INFORMATION: Coaches are hired on a season by season basis. A reasonable effort is made to assure future coaching assignments to those coaches who have had a history of successful academic and athletic team performances at City Colleges of Chicago. All coaching assignments are conditioned on sufficient team membership. Once a season starts, the coach is expected to complete the season.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!