Coordinator of Research and Analysis
Coordinator of Research and Analysis
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: (1) an understanding of the college mission and teaching experience in a comprehensive community college; (2) a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; and (3) a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting, including on-line instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes.
MVCC is seeking to fill a full-time position in our Department of Institutional Research and Analysis. The Coordinator of Research and Analysis is responsible for assisting the Director in coordinating data gathering management and assessment for the College.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of a reliable and valid integrated management information system for the College as a service to academic affairs, student services, administration, and the Office of the President;
- Responds to requests for reports, and requests for data or analysis from internal constituencies. Analyzes and models data as needed;
- Works as resource person for academic program review, maintaining up to date data on enrollment, demographics, student goals, graduate outcomes, etc;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of databases to longitudinally track various cohorts—including dual credit students, athletes, remedial students, etc;
- Compile data, and generate and/or complete reports as directed – including providing direct support for reporting requirements in the Business, Registrar and Financial Aid offices;
- Prepares official periodic and ad hoc reports for the College in consistent format and for consumption by appropriate target audiences;
- Serves on College committees as appropriate;
- Performs other duties related to this job description and as assigned by the Director of Institutional Research and Analysis.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and some institutional research experience in a college or university or in education with applications at the post secondary level, required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of electronic spreadsheets (MS Excel preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in relational database management (MS Access preferred)
- Ability to analyze and organize information into meaningful reports
- Excellent customer service skills
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 8/1/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.