If College Year, Please fill in period of no obligation:
Appointment Start date
Appointment End date
Salary Grade Level
Full Time or Part Time
If Part-Time, fill in %
Search Contact Phone/Extension
Human Resources 315-386-7325
Search Contact Email
Search Contact Fax
Job Summary/Basic Function
Canton College Foundation, Inc. is looking for a forward thinking, driven individual with strong attention to detail and data management skills to join our dynamic organization. Canton College Foundation was formed in 1973 to support the State University of New York at Canton. Over the past 45 years, the Foundation has grown to over $40M in assets with an annual operating budget of $3M.
The Gift Steward is an in-office position who reports directly to the Director of Financial Operations. This position will work closely with campus constituents, development officers, donors, alumni and friends of the College. The ideal candidate will be very detail-oriented and organized with exceptional customer service and data management skills. Based on knowledge, skills, and ability, the anticipated
Job Requirements & Essential Functions of the Job
· Process gifts received by the Foundation and provide proper donor acknowledgment in a timely fashion.
· Run mail merge from donor database to provide donor gift receipts / letters.
· Provide donor gift information to Foundation accounting staff for financial statement processing.
· Run monthly reports and work with Foundation accounting staff to reconcile records monthly.
· Provide updated constituent data to Development Staff.
· Assist with events as needed on campus.
· Provide Foundation staff with analytical reports.
- Provide telephone coverage and back-up receptionist coverage when needed
- File information/documents for Alumni/Development Offices. Create and maintain accurate and complete donor/prospect files.
- Always maintain strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the Advancement Division.
· Associates degree.
· Three to five years of experience in an office, customer service based position.
· Must have experience working in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Access.
· Valid NYS driver’s license required.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Previous experience in higher education field is a plus.
· Prior experience using Blackbaud or other enterprise data management systems would be very beneficial.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy further, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Based on your responses to the questions on the employment application, you do not meet the minimum required qualifications for this position. Thank you for your interest in this position at SUNY Canton.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Insight to Diversity
- North Country Now
- Watertown Daily Times
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Do you meet the minimum requirements for this job?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Canton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Canton
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Canton
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Canton
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Canton