Academic Department Coordinator- Visual Arts
Title Academic Department Coordinator- Visual Arts Posting Number S00834JP Department Art Job Summary
Bowdoin College invites applications for the Academic Department Coordinator for the Visual Arts program. The coordinator performs a wide variety of complex administrative tasks in support of program operations, often with minimal supervision, including:
· provides administrative support to the program director and faculty;
· responds to inquiries and requests from students, administrators, faculty, as well as from people outside the College ;
· tracks important academic deadlines for the program chair and faculty;
· coordinates logistics and publicity for program events;
· works closely with the Registrar’s office to track student progress through the major/minor, coordinate program course offerings;
· monitors program budgets, pays bills; assists with annual budget requests;
· coordinates faculty hiring process and helps orient new faculty to the program;
· hires and supervises student workers;
· maintains program website and social media sites, produces posters and other materials to publicize events.
· during the summer the coordinator may work on special projects for the academic area.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required; some college work strongly preferred. Applicants must possess a solid understanding and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the willingness and initiative to learn new computer applications; the ability to organize and prioritize work tasks and accomplish them efficiently and accurately; strong customer service skills; and the ability to successfully work independently in a one-person office environment. Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
A minimum of 3 years of office experience is required, preferably in an academic setting. Experience with maintaining webpages; the ability to troubleshoot minor computer problems and to maintain web pages; and some knowledge of processing bills and managing accounts strongly preferred. Standard Work Days and Hours
This is a 35-hour/week year round position. About Bowdoin
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to talented students, faculty and staff—with a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs; and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and contribute to the College’s multifaceted diversity. We value a community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly welcomed and encouraged to succeed.
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin’s reputation as a preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of community; and connections to the people, history, and natural beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin’s campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting. Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles from Portland and 120 miles from Boston. Shift Employment Category Part Time Year Round FTE 0.88 Benefits Eligible Yes Pay Type Hourly Background Check Package Requirements Support Staff + Credit Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job? No Is a pre-placement physical required for this position? No Posting Date 07/19/2021 Applications Accepted Until Open Until Filled Yes Type of Posting Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicants EEO Information
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Birch Island
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Birch Island
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Birch Island
- Arts Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Birch Island
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Birch Island