The Disability Services Office at CU Boulder encourages
applications for an Office Coordinator! This position is
responsible for multiple program areas within Disability Services
and maintains continuity of procedures and processes within the
office. They will manage the front office, new applications for
accommodations, appointment scheduling, data tracking and overall
administration of internal business support functions. The
Coordinator also collaborates with other DS staff members on
updating policies and procedures to implement productive workflow
and ensure operations and services are effectively meeting needs of
students, faculty, and staff. The position ensures Disability
Services processes and protocols are in compliance with federal,
state, and campus policies.
This position is a core staff contributor who provides direct
service to students, faculty and staff of the university. The work
requires a collaborative approach within the department, division,
and the entire university community. They will promote disability
awareness and advocacy in the campus community; providing technical
and educational assistance to faculty, staff, and students to
ensure effective accommodation and equal access and inclusion for
students with disabilities; including advising on the use of
universal design for learning concepts and principles.
The Coordinator position requires a high degree of confidentiality,
autonomy, personal initiative, discretion, forethought,
flexibility, strong communication skills, and independent judgment
needed to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure quality of
results and to meet tight deadlines. Attention to detail is
critical, as is the ability to think critically and independently
problem-solve challenges. A strong dedication to excellence in
supporting students with disabilities and an active interest in
providing customer service is expected.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Disability Services (DS) Office is responsible for supporting
students in receiving reasonable accommodations and services, so
they may participate fully in the academic environment. DS provides
leadership and mentorship regarding accommodations and universal
access, which requires a collaborative relationship among all
members of the university community.
DS envisions a fully accessible, coordinated, and universally
crafted campus community. As such, we believe students with
disabilities are one of the many groups that make up our campus
community and that a diverse community broadens our understanding
and appreciation for the contributions of each individual.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Operations and Process Management
The Operations Program Coordinator is responsible for areas related
to customer service, student record management, and departmental
communications. The position is responsible for comprehensive
review of procedures and processes to ensure efficiency and
compliance in all aspects of daily operations.
To accomplish this, the Operations Program Coordinator will:
- Manage the daily operations of the Disability Services (DS)
front desk including communications, file management, supply
ordering, and managing the daily/weekly/quarterly office
- Provide oversight for all front desk communications, including
walk-ins, phones, and general email accounts - makes appropriate
referrals to campus and community resources as needed.
- Set reasonable customer satisfaction goals and work with
colleagues to meet them on a consistent basis.
- Regularly reviews processes and materials for disseminating
information about Disability Services; locates and define new
process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure office compliance with university and departmental
record retention policy.
- Ensures consistency of department policies, internal forms, and
publications (i.e. website, brochures, user manuals, etc.) related
to operations and services.
- Collaborate with the Student Affairs Communications team and
other CU Boulder departments in enhancing the department's campus
presence and increasing student, staff and faculty engagement.
- Delegate liaison duties, such as time collection and payroll,
parking assignments, OIT requests, Telecommunications, Buff OneCard
access, room scheduling, C4C Building Committee, security, Human
- Serve as primary purchasing agent and manage department's
inventory of standard supplies.
- Work with University Information Systems (UIS) to maintain and
update CU’s Student Information Systems and the DS Accommodate
Portal, ensuring it meets current business needs for the
- Provide training to Disability Services staff to ensure
appropriate and accurate use of departmental and university
- Provide training to Disability Services staff related to
document management and records management policies and standard
- Manage office compliance and process related to the National
Voter Registration Act.
- Collaborate with the Student Affairs Assessment team and other
campus partners to develop surveys and research to identify
customer needs and satisfaction.
Data Collection, Management and Assessment
- Supervise all staff that perform functions in support of front
office operations, including on-call, temporary, and student
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising
front office student-assistants.
The position works to gather, organize, and disseminate information
to assist in the department's strategic planning.
To accomplish this, the coordinator will:
Other duties as assigned
- Provide monthly reports on identified data points to the DS
Leadership Team. In addition, the coordinator will produce a
semester report after each semester, which will feed into a larger
yearly report and assessment.
- Maintains accurate information regarding staff caseloads,
student status, retention, and other service/operations data.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in
sophisticated data sets using statistical techniques.
What We Can Offer
- Work with leadership and vital partners to resolve emerging
- Represent Disability Services on campus-wide committees.
- Assist with accommodation implementation processes at peak
times of year.
The hiring pay range for this $49,104 to $52,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- At least three (3)+ years of work experience in the
occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned
to the job.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills to communicate
effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Solid working knowledge of advanced features in SharePoint;
Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to handle heavy keyboarding, screen time and working
between two monitors; M-F, 8-5 position; multiple distractions
(email, telephone calls, office noise and people) may demand some
flexibility or evening/weekend work.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, engineering, computer
science, business, or related field, or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- One (1) year professional experience working in data analytics
and/or operations support within a higher education setting.
- Professional experience working with students with disabilities
or diverse backgrounds in higher education
- Solid understanding of student accommodation management portals
(Accommodate by Symplicity, AIM, etc.).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by September 12, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: