About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a skilled full-time Programmer/Analyst (State Title: Programmer-Analyst) in Information Technology Services to support the college's web development environment. This person will work on a variety of web applications and system administrative tasks. The position will be engaged in the full development cycle meaning from research/design, development and support of projects across the college.
- Develop and maintain web-based applications
- Diagnose and resolve problems in the maintenance and support of college web infrastructure
- Analyze existing business processes to realize efficiencies while providing excellent student and staff support
- A Bachelor's Degree with one year of relevant job experience; or an Associate's Degree with three years of relevant job experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills a must
- Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field
- Experience with the following:
- SQL query development
- Database development in a RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- NoSQL database, MongoDB preferred
- Database maintenance tasks
- REST web services
- Web API service integration using XML & JSON data sources.
- Web API service development with NodeJS utilizing Express.
- Git-based revision control
- Puppet configuration management
- Demonstrated experience working with Drupal or similar web content management system
- Apache, Tomcat web server management
- Linux OS server administration
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Occasional weekend and evening work
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs
Rank/Salary: SL2/$48,000+ (Salary to commensurate with experience)
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs