Maryville Apprenticeship - Media Production
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Media Production Apprenticeship position will work directly with the Creative Development Team to produce engaging content for online courses within the university. Helping with the daily tasks within the Video Production Studio. Those tasks include setup and breakdown of camera(s) and lighting, gathering and creating supporting assets, including graphics, audio and visual effects, set setup and transfer/logging of captured source footage.
This position will also work directly with the team in the post-production phase. This includes editing, keying, color correction, enhancing, encoding, and delivery to both Learning Management System (Canvas) and video hosting service (Kaltura).
• Get career ready
• Earn internship credit
• Build your professional network
• Earn compensation
• Gain experience with professional-grade cameras, lighting and lighting console monitors and editing equipment.
• Build an understanding of working within a green screen production room and the core concepts involved with pre and post video production of green screen footage.
• Learn the key elements needed for a career in video production.
• Gain experience working with a production team.
• Build on to your portfolio with additional high quality portfolio pieces.
• Set up, and record video segments for School of Adult and Online Education and related projects.
• Provide creative video post-production, produce video materials incorporating high-quality production value.
• Quickly and creatively solve live production and post-production problems.
• Prep scripts and other essential elements needed for daily video recording.
• Deploy completed videos to online streaming platform.
• Log and transfer captured footage both locally and remote.
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
• Positive attitude and eager to learn Growth mindset
• Proficiency in various design and multi-media technologies and software (e.g.: color correction software, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, or other software programs as they become prevalent).
• Post-production experience with design skills and minor experience in motion graphics, animation, sound, text, audio/video log and capture/transfer, editing, keying, tracking and compositing, and format/compression specific output.
• Basic understanding of studio and field equipment such as DSLR cameras, lighting setups and audio capture.
• Comfortable working in both Apple and Windows environments.
• A basic understanding of fundamental design skills, an eye for design, a strong sense of color, typography and design composition.
• The ability to establish priorities and work independently.
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
• The ability to make creative decisions in the editing process that support the learning objectives and course outcomes.
• Ability to be a team player who can work independently but communicates often, punctually, and efficiently.
• Keep abreast of new technologies such as video effects, software plug-ins and video hardware.
• The ability to maintain spelling and grammar accuracy in video production. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office/365 applications.
• Ability to lift and maneuver over 50lbs. (Approx. weight of mobile field kits)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: July 21, 2021