Job Summary/Basic Function
The Media Production Apprenticeship position will work directly
with the Creative Development Team to produce engaging content for
online courses within the university. Helping with the daily tasks
within the Video Production Studio. Those tasks include setup and
breakdown of camera(s) and lighting, gathering and creating
supporting assets, including graphics, audio and visual effects,
set setup and transfer/logging of captured source footage.
This position will also work directly with the team in the
post-production phase. This includes editing, keying, color
correction, enhancing, encoding, and delivery to both Learning
Management System (Canvas) and video hosting service
• Get career ready
• Earn internship credit
• Build your professional network
• Earn compensation
• Gain experience with professional-grade cameras, lighting and
lighting console monitors and editing equipment.
• Build an understanding of working within a green screen
production room and the core concepts involved with pre and post
video production of green screen footage.
• Learn the key elements needed for a career in video
• Gain experience working with a production team.
• Build on to your portfolio with additional high quality portfolio
• Set up, and record video segments for School of Adult and Online
Education and related projects.
• Provide creative video post-production, produce video materials
incorporating high-quality production value.
• Quickly and creatively solve live production and post-production
• Prep scripts and other essential elements needed for daily video
• Deploy completed videos to online streaming platform.
• Log and transfer captured footage both locally and remote.
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
• Positive attitude and eager to learn Growth mindset
• Proficiency in various design and multi-media technologies and
software (e.g.: color correction software, Adobe After Effects,
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, or other software programs as they
• Post-production experience with design skills and minor
experience in motion graphics, animation, sound, text, audio/video
log and capture/transfer, editing, keying, tracking and
compositing, and format/compression specific output.
• Basic understanding of studio and field equipment such as DSLR
cameras, lighting setups and audio capture.
• Comfortable working in both Apple and Windows environments.
• A basic understanding of fundamental design skills, an eye for
design, a strong sense of color, typography and design
• The ability to establish priorities and work independently.
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced,
deadline-driven team environment.
• The ability to make creative decisions in the editing process
that support the learning objectives and course outcomes.
• Ability to be a team player who can work independently but
communicates often, punctually, and efficiently.
• Keep abreast of new technologies such as video effects, software
plug-ins and video hardware.
• The ability to maintain spelling and grammar accuracy in video
production. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office/365
• Ability to lift and maneuver over 50lbs. (Approx. weight of
mobile field kits)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: July 21, 2021