About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
Empire State College, Project Management Office, currently seeks a Project Coordinator (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) at our Coordinating Center located in Saratoga Springs, NY. This position provides project coordination and business analysis related to the college's project needs. The project coordinator is responsible for assigned projects, creates and executes project work plans and revises them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. This position will require experience and skills in customer service, problem solving, change management, communication, and analysis.
The project coordinator also:
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope; identifies training needs for the project team and for the project product; reviews deliverables prepared by the team before passing to stakeholders; effectively applies the project methodology and enforces project standards; identifies and minimizes exposure to risk on each project
- Ensures project documents requiring signature are signed, complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Will lead and facilitate meetings often as the sole leader with a cross-functional group of individuals
- Bachelor's degree
- Four or more years of direct project coordination experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work as a member of a team
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, MS
Teams, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience with the PMBOK Project Management Processes; Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resource, Communication, Risk, Procurement, and Integration
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Technology or IT project coordination exposure and experience
- This position requires occasional travel, evenings and weekends as necessary
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: SL3/$64,000+ (Salary to commensurate with experience)
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs