Lab Assistant HVAC Technology
2550 Bending Branch Way,, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Lab Assistant HVAC
Assist the lab coordinator in daily operations of the HVAC
technology labs. Ensure operation of lab equipment and technical
classroom support of faculty and students in a safe and productive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the lab coordinator in the following duties:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize laboratory activities for the
HVAC technology labs.
- Perform clerical duties including operating a computer,
maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials.
- Collect data, records, and other information and submit reports
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities.
Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies,
workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure
efficient lab operations.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize the overall coordination of
laboratory activities for designated area; adapt and applies
laboratory methods, practices, and techniques common to designated
area. Direct or perform the preparation of student experience and
demonstrations, performing routine and analytical work; pilot new
labs to be considered. Implement new or modified laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure
handling and storage of supplies, refrigerant and equipment.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain safety standards and
departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state,
and local hazardous materials, health and safety hazardous waste
regulations, and other applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT,
WECM, SACSCOC and other regulatory agencies and acts.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot equipment. Set
up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write instructions and
standard operating procedures for equipment operation. Perform
routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on
unique laboratory needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma or equivalent certification and an
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 Universal Certification
required. Associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited
One (1) year of industry experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of HVAC technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Maintain confidential work-related information and
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing,
database, and presentation software
- Ability to strategically work with culturally diverse student
- Ability to understand and follow precise instructions and
- Ability to handle lab materials with precision and
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and
guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching,
and reaching. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical
parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme
temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and
workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to
vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant
environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work.
Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or