Lab Assistant HVAC Technology
Lab Assistant HVAC Technology
2550 Bending Branch Way,, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Lab Assistant HVAC Technology .
Assist the lab coordinator in daily operations of the HVAC technology labs. Ensure operation of lab equipment and technical classroom support of faculty and students in a safe and productive environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the lab coordinator in the following duties:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize laboratory activities for the HVAC technology labs.
- Perform clerical duties including operating a computer, maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as required.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials.
- Collect data, records, and other information and submit reports as required.
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities. Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies, workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure efficient lab operations.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize the overall coordination of laboratory activities for designated area; adapt and applies laboratory methods, practices, and techniques common to designated area. Direct or perform the preparation of student experience and demonstrations, performing routine and analytical work; pilot new labs to be considered. Implement new or modified laboratory policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure handling and storage of supplies, refrigerant and equipment.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain safety standards and departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local hazardous materials, health and safety hazardous waste regulations, and other applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT, WECM, SACSCOC and other regulatory agencies and acts.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot equipment. Set up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write instructions and standard operating procedures for equipment operation. Perform routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment and facilities.
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on unique laboratory needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma or equivalent certification and an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 Universal Certification required. Associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
One (1) year of industry experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HVAC technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and disposal
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective assistance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Maintain confidential work-related information and materials
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software
- Ability to strategically work with culturally diverse student body
- Ability to understand and follow precise instructions and directions
- Ability to handle lab materials with precision and accuracy
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney