Digital Initiatives Librarian, Librarian Assistant Professor
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a full-time, twelve-month, non- tenure track Digital Initiatives Librarian, Librarian Assistant Professor faculty position in the Kennesaw State University Library System that begins in January 2022.
Librarianship (85 %)
- Coordinate the implementation of new and updated technologies for the Library System.
- Project management responsibilities for new and emerging digital initiatives, content, and services.
- Help to update, maintain, and troubleshoot library online systems in partnership with other members of the Library Resources Department.
- Serve as resource for library faculty with training and technological support of necessary systems.
- Serve as an undergraduate faculty liaison. Perform subject specific professional work including faculty outreach and collection development.
- Provide research assistance and information literacy instruction (in person, via chat, or other communication modes) to students and other members of the KSU community as needed.
- Engage in KSU Library System service, KSU University service, and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity. Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and publications.
An earned Master’s in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program or equivalent is required.
Other qualifications might include:
- A record of professional service.
- Publications and/or conference presentations.
- Evidence of working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience working in information technology support.
- Project management experience.
- Evidence of strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current library databases and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and lead projects to completion.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs.
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.