Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
full-time, twelve-month, non- tenure track Digital Initiatives
Librarian, Librarian Assistant Professor faculty position in the
Kennesaw State University Library System that begins in January
Librarianship (85 %)
- Coordinate the implementation of new and updated technologies
for the Library System.
- Project management responsibilities for new and emerging
digital initiatives, content, and services.
- Help to update, maintain, and troubleshoot library online
systems in partnership with other members of the Library Resources
- Serve as resource for library faculty with training and
technological support of necessary systems.
- Serve as an undergraduate faculty liaison. Perform subject
specific professional work including faculty outreach and
- Provide research assistance and information literacy
instruction (in person, via chat, or other communication modes) to
students and other members of the KSU community as needed.
- Engage in KSU Library System service, KSU University service,
and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity.
Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or
subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and
An earned Master’s in Library Science from an American Library
Association accredited program or equivalent is required.
Other qualifications might include:
- A record of professional service.
- Publications and/or conference presentations.
- Evidence of working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse
- Experience in an academic library.
- Experience working in information technology support.
- Project management experience.
- Evidence of strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current library databases and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and lead projects to
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering
campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just
north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one
of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest
university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of
Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed
to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to
broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on
a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.