South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageSUMMARY: Under general supervision perform, coordinate and oversee office administrative duties in support of their assigned manager(s), including the provision of varied and complex office duties; may from time to time direct other support staff.This position requires the ability to act confidentially, handle sensitive information and exercise independent judgment. Some technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment may also be required.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Answers telephones and directs inquiries to the assigned manager's office as appropriate.
- Greets office visitors and handles routine inquiries independently.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties as assigned including travel arrangements.
correspondence logs, files, information databases, and other
tracking systems as necessary.
- Prepares Executive Committee, OPM, and other meeting minutes.
- Organizes meeting dates, meeting structure, and sends out agendas.
- Orders supplies as necessary.
- Maintains office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines and printers. Tracks expenses for the same and submits for payment.
- Maintains contracts with vendors for equipment.
- Prepares answers for routine correspondence for distribution over own signature and prepares correspondence for others signature.
- Schedules all meetings as necessary including off-site and large group meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements for President and visitors as appropriate.
- May complete State/Federal documents and surveys accurately and on time.
- Gathers information, completes documents and submits to reporting agencies.
- On an
annual basis, provides support for input of budget for the coming
- May maintain copies of and submit capital budget requests to Ed System or corporate throughout the year.
- Serves as the local HR coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of four years' progressively more responsible administrative experience in administrative experience in a corporate or academic environment supporting mid to upper level manager (s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Business computing skills(validated by testing where applicable) to include the following: Advanced proficiency level for Word 2007 Basic proficiency level for Excel 2007 Advanced proficiency level for Power Point 2007 Basic proficiency level for Outlook 2007
- Ability to use database programs (i.e. Lawson, Hyperion, CampusVue)Typing proficiency of no less than 60 words per minute (total words minus errors) and 80% accuracy (total errors divided by total words), demonstrated by a five-minute test from copy.
telephone manner and personal appearance.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests. Multi- task, meet deadlines, and deliver a work product in line with quality standards.
The individual must be able to regularly travel in the local area and occasionally travel out of the local area to visit potential and affiliated clinical externship sites. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures, and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Tampa
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Tampa
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Tampa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Tampa
- Business & Administrative Support Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Tampa