Admissions - Receptionist
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The successful candidate will be responsible for answering all switchboard phone calls, greeting and directing visitors in a friendly and customer focused manner and providing administrative support for the enrollment processes. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out all duties and responsibilities. This philosophy includes the provision of quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; application of sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Responsible for answering incoming calls. Route calls promptly and correctly to the proper staff person or voicemail, correctly and politely take messages when necessary.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming and professional manner .Ensure campus visitors sign in, receive parking authorization, name tags, and receive escort to the individual assisting them.
- Support the enrollment processes with tasks such as ordering and student transcripts, verifying transcripts are received and processed, and conducting student verifications
- Assist as necessary with planning and execution of special admission events.
- Maintain appointment calendar for admissions, financial aid and academic counseling; assist with confirming appointments and rescheduling as needed.
- Inventory and maintain marketing materials and promotional items
- Assist with data entry, scanning documents, e-mailing processing requests and follow up, and special projects as needed.
- Assist with the execution of direct mail and bulk mail projects.
- Perform any other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with a multiple line busy switchboard.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive
Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education High School
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach