Potomac State College, part of the West Virginia University (WVU)
system of campuses, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks
qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the
undergraduate level in the following area:
Visiting Instructor in Spanish, Non-Tenure-track
This position is full-time, nine months, benefits-eligible, and a
starting date of August 13, 2021.
Duties: Teaching responsibilities include Spanish 101 Elementary
Spanish, Spanish 102 Elementary Spanish, Spanish 203 Intermediate
Spanish, and Spanish 204 Intermediate Spanish.
(By the time of appointment)
- A master’s degree in Spanish or related language with
documented fluency in Spanish from a regionally accredited college
or university is required for rank of Instructor.
- Demonstration of excellent college teaching and effective
- Credentials in a second language are valued. Successful
candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of
modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and
service to students, including an effective and conscientious
commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and
systems which actively engage students in the learning
- Experience developing student learning outcomes, and course and
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from
diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial university transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional references Closing
date for applications: 10 days after posting
Faculty Opportunities: Faculty will have an opportunity to
participate in the cultural and intellectual life of WVU Potomac
State College and to benefit from professional development
opportunities made available generally to university faculty while
pursuing a commitment to undergraduate teaching and service at a
small college with proven enrollment growth potential that offers a
distinctive identity and academic culture.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless
endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most
passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits
for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our
students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best
out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university,
one WVU. Get more details at http://hr.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender
equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff
and students, and invites applications from all qualified
individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with
disabilities and veterans.