Visiting Instructor of Spanish - WVU Keyser
Potomac State College, part of the West Virginia University (WVU) system of campuses, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area:
Visiting Instructor in Spanish, Non-Tenure-track
This position is full-time, nine months, benefits-eligible, and a starting date of August 13, 2021.
Duties: Teaching responsibilities include Spanish 101 Elementary Spanish, Spanish 102 Elementary Spanish, Spanish 203 Intermediate Spanish, and Spanish 204 Intermediate Spanish.
(By the time of appointment)
- A master’s degree in Spanish or related language with documented fluency in Spanish from a regionally accredited college or university is required for rank of Instructor.
- Demonstration of excellent college teaching and effective communication skills.
- Credentials in a second language are valued. Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective assessment;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- Experience developing student learning outcomes, and course and program assessments;
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial university transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional references Closing date for applications: 10 days after posting
Faculty Opportunities: Faculty will have an opportunity to participate in the cultural and intellectual life of WVU Potomac State College and to benefit from professional development opportunities made available generally to university faculty while pursuing a commitment to undergraduate teaching and service at a small college with proven enrollment growth potential that offers a distinctive identity and academic culture.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at http://hr.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- English as a Second Language Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown