Organization Name: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Hunt
Library, Daytona Beach Campus
The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday:
Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Friday and Saturday, 10:30 am
– 7:30 pm (requires schedule adjustments for final exam periods and
Circulation Assistant (Library Access Services Technician), Tuesday
Embry-Riddle’s Hunt Library seeks applicants to perform customer
service at the circulation (public service) desk. The Access
Services Technician supports the activities at the
Circulation/Borrow Desk of the Hunt Library and supervises the
Friday closing and Saturday hours of the Hunt Library’s Access
Services Department including responsibility for building security.
Assists in hiring and scheduling student assistants; prepares media
equipment for delivery to classrooms and patron pick-up; and
participates in departmental meetings.
Work hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Friday and
Saturday, 10:30 am – 7:30 pm. Schedule adjustments are required for
final exam periods and summer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three professional
- Has sole responsibility for Saturday library hours
(opening/closing, student supervision)
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates 2-4 student assistants.
- Assists patrons with checking library materials in and out,
communicating policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Provides basic customer service, including answering
directional questions and referring patrons to research
- Assists with Course Reserve processing
- Assists with Student Assistant coordination
- Implements the library’s emergency plans during emergency
situations or drills.
- Enforces university safety protocols as needed.
- Closes and secures the building as scheduled to do so.
(including email addresses) with your application. A
review of candidates will begin late July 2021 and continue until
the position is filled.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a private institution based
in warm, sunny Daytona Beach, FL. ERAU is recognized as the largest
and oldest aviation-focused university in the world and is
consistently named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great
College to Work For” in such areas as work/life balance; Job
Satisfaction; Professional/Career Development Programs; and respect
Our more than 6,000 students hail from more than 100 nations and
nearly all 50 states. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and
beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new
- Experience in front-line, public-facing service, preferably in
a library environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience handling security issues preferred.
- Some college preferred.