Operations Assistant, Dean of Students & Student Life
The Operations Assistant will provide an array of administrative and technical support to the dean of students, vice president for student life, and other applicable administrators. Reporting to the dean of students, the operations assistant will coordinate and cooperate with other University offices and departments in providing the services needed to support a dynamic and fast-paced campus community. The position requires strong customer service skills, assertive leadership, and communication skills and the ability to work on a team. In addition, this position takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment. Ideal candidates will embody the University's Jesuit vision, mission and values as a foundation for their interactions with members of the University community as well as external parties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Support general office operations
- Provide front desk support, greeting, assisting, and referring
students, faculty, staff, and others who contact the office via
telephone, email, or in-person.
- Maintain calendars, and schedule appointments and meetings for
- Attend necessary meetings and inform office staff of relevant
- Coordinate logistics including, but not limited to, making
appropriate room reservations, catering orders, and audio and
visual setup for programs and events.
- Attend workshops for training as requested.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor concerning pertinent
office and/or University matters.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
peers in other offices.
- Maintain information as required for office, divisional, and
- Record and disseminate minutes for meetings as needed.
- Promote the proper utilization of equipment and
- Notify supervisor immediately of any unsafe working
- Perform additional duties as assigned; work on occasional
weekends and/or weeknights to support operations and/or events;
duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Provide coverage for other departments in the absence of
Organize budgetary and financial processes
- Manage and maintain all budgets related to the dean of students
and vice president for student life.
- Coordinating budgetary and financial operations including, but
not limited to, monitoring budget availability throughout the
budget cycle, creating purchase requisitions and supplier requests,
reconciling procurement card expenses, and processing stipends and
- Execute pre-hire process for student employees.
- Maintain a record of vendor/third-party contracts and
- Report to direct supervisor any concerns with budget.
- Assist and support other applicable administrators within the
Provide support for student conduct
- Utilize the Maxient student conduct software to document and
process conduct cases, and track conduct sanctions to ensure
- Assist in maintaining accurate student conduct records
including appeal deadlines, assigned outcome due dates, overdue
cases, as well as placing and removing record holds for overdue
Organize and execute recurring communication
- Distribute dean of students’ correspondence and
- Distribute divisional announcements.
- Update departmental webpages.
- Associate degree or equivalent educational experience required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of experience
providing administrative and operational support.
- Proficient computer skills required in MS Word, Excel, Power
Point, and Outlook. Experience with collaborative software and/or
programs (e.g., Zoom, Google Docs, Dropbox, and Quip). Knowledge of
Banner and Workday is preferred.
Knowledge and skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication, and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated computer and technological skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills; ability to
self-manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and adjust as
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multiple
constituencies, including students, parents/families, and other
- Able to be self-motivated to start and/or complete projects
independently. Able to seek direction when needed.
- Strong analytical ability, sound judgment, and the ability to
handle diverse and difficult situations with sensitivity and
- Use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment in regular
contact with faculty, staff, student and others within and outside
- Advanced knowledge of administrative concepts, principles, and
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
General open office and campus environment. Position involves sitting, although frequent movement is necessary. Computer usage involving repetitive hand/wrist motion is also necessary.
This position is based at Fairfield University’s Fairfield, CT campus.
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Student Affairs - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield